Now that Luzhkov is gone, analysts have started doing what they are meant to be good at: analysing. Unfortunately, as I have already said, to analyse the Russian political situation great divination skills are recquired. You can see it by yourself. This is what the Moscow Times says:
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/news-analysis-medvedev-shows-hes-his-own-man/417584.html
In other words, this would be another bold move by the Medvedev to take distance from Putin.
But this is what the New York Times believes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/world/europe/29moscow.html?ref=world
Meaning that Medvedev hasn't acquired independence from Putin at all, and the evidence would be in the fact that he took him so long to fire him (that would mean that he had to take time to seek for Putin's approval)
So, what is the truth? I am siding with the New York Times, since if Medvedev did not trust Luzhkov (as he said to justify his dismissal) and was free to do whatever I wanted he would have probably fired him much earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment